Shutterglut
Cruising through life with a camera, healthy appetite, and endless gadget lust.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
The Start Of Something Blur
A few weeks ago, I stumbled across the Bokeh Masters Kit. Since seeing examples of it a while ago, it's been something I've always wanted to try it out. I've also seen several do-it-yourself tutorials but the prospect of ending up with something less than durable put me off making any myself. The Bokeh Masters Kit seemed to solve that particular problem as it's made of plastic and should be more substantial than any card cutouts I make myself. My kit arrived this morning and I only just took my first shot a few minutes ago. My frantic search of appropriate light sources in the house turned up nothing but then I discovered that the street lights in the distance were fine.

My thoughts about the kit. The laser-cut plastic is more than adequate and will last indefinitely if treated right. However, the cut edges have a slight discoloration which makes it look a bit cheap (so does the generic rubber band you have to use to affix the whole thing to your lens). That said, the price is right and you get more attachments than you probably need. Will I recommend it to a friend? I already have.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment